Results That Speak for Themselves
As Tech Data (TECD) looked into upgrading its ERP / WMS to SAP, they soon realized that with 6 different versions of warehouse control software in 8 Logistics Centers, the effort to upgrade would be time and cost prohibitive and less flexible as business changes were required in the future. Tech Data selected FortnaWCS™ to implement and integrate with SAP across its North American Logistics Network. Due to Fortna’s ability to support IT Strategy (Data Redundancy, 24/7/365 support, and integration with SAP) and Supply Chain Strategy (elimination of antiquated / obsolete processes, better visibility, proactive alerting, and user-friendly systems), Tech Data was able to improve overall facility flow, lower support costs, and improve uptime. As a result, changes to business logic can be implemented without having to recode systems, allowing their logistics centers / supply chain to be more agile.
MSC Industrial achieved a double-digit increase in productivity (lines per hour) after Fortna helped them redesign their order fulfillment process and implement FortnaWCS™ to provide a robust and standardized integration point between systems.
Unraveling the Mysteries & Exploring the Benefits of a WCS
Looking for a way to reduce cost, risk and downtime in your DC? Learn how leading companies are using the WCS (Warehouse Control System) to seamlessly integrate material handling equipment with other systems. This audio presentation on key differences between WMS and WCS will help you understand how a WCS can help increase service levels, asset utilization and throughput in your DC.
Fortna Tackles Hard Questions Like...
• Why does my DC feel more like a warehouse?
• How do we improve the flow of materials through our DC? How do we get more volume through the DC?
• Why is the equipment not achieving its published throughput and utilization rates?
• How do we get real time inventory and shipping data from our WMS?
• Why are back orders being created even when the product is in stock?
• Why do we have cartons everywhere, but going nowhere quick?
• How do we adjust to changing business rules and without costly modifications to our WMS?
• How do we get support for systems that are no longer on the market?