The reputation of a 3PL firm is made or broken on your ability to deliver the goods as promised at a low per-unit cost. And you need to track handling information by individual client while meeting business requirements (or changing requirements) every step of the way.
Successful projects lower handling costs and improve customer service while taking into account:
- High variation in product storage requirements to meet a wide range of client and industry-specific needs
- A multitude of business requirements that will vary from customer to customer
- A high level of Value-Added Services (VAS) and accessorial tracking
- A need for strong labor management tracking and reporting systems
- A wide range of outbound shipping modes
- Tight margins
Automated storage systems help distribution operations gain speed and efficiency. Able to handle loads ranging from pallets to totes, these systems improve inventory control, reduce labor, and increase productivity. They also provide better handling that reduces product damage and loss. View Taking Automated Storage to New Heights, a DC Velocity webcast featuring Fortna's VP of Design Engineering, Brent Tymensky.